Wednesday, September 7, 2011

“I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it."

Recently, I have been getting the online shopping itch, which is never just that easy itch you can scratch.  It's the type of itch that you try avoiding: patting, slapping, even icing for hours (usually spent all day in bed browsing online.) These are my latest budget conscious  (sorta) wishes that will make me look très chic when I venture to Europe next semester.

From left to right: JPK Paris Nylon Bucket Bag in Hudson Blue $165, Cole Haan in Amazon $129.90, Rebecca Minkoff in Almond $259.90, MARC by Marc Jacobs in Bright Plum $265.90, See by Chole in Freckles $295.90, & MARC by Marc Jacobs in Dandelion $319.90
I went shopping in mostly the sales section on Nordstroms and these are the following things I would chop off the tip of my pinky for... and sadly no I am not kidding.

I ADORE the JPK Paris purses. I thought I wanted a Longchamp nylon purse like every other college girl and high school wanna be college girl, and then I saw the gold JPK detailing in person. My love of Longchamps was like awkward middle school boyfriend... over in 3 days and I will deny by desire for one until the grave (except to my lovely bog readers.)

I LOVE a pop of color in a purse, especially a satchel matched against a dark winter coat or neutral blazer. That is why my heart yearns for Cole Haan and this satchel. I love imagining all of the hands free fun I could have frolicking with this around my body... I am a sick sick girl.

THE CLASSIC... ughhhh literally I cannot express my emotions of a classic structured doctor-esque purse but with funky textured leather. It is the perfect companion for the sleek, chic, outfit when you are having a power woman day and want to mean business.

PURPLE & YELLOW- Marc Jacobs has stolen my heart and there is no way I will ever get it back. I have already dedicated my non-existent signing bonus of my first job to his purses and wallets. Yes, it has become that sick. However, I will defend myself by saying if you touch the soft leather of his purses and lay eyes on stunning gold hardware then it is parallel to looking into the eyes of Medusa except you will turn to mush or turn over your credit card.

CHLOE & BOWS- I have a soft spot in my heart for bows and the structured ones featured on the side of this purse make it sophisticated and still give it that girly kiss on the cheek. I love how this is a common theme over their latest purses. (Embarrassing fact: I used to wear 2 or even 3 bows at a time layered in my hair in middle school, of course with my double collared shirts... BLEH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment