Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day One

This post will be text heavy with lots of spelling errors because I do not believe in photo documenting myself traveling on public transportation over 2 hours long.

Flight.

My departure from the United States was definitely a foreshadowing of what my trip will be like in Europe- confusing, stress, and excitement all rolled into one. It started out with a quick trip to Einstein's Bagels and then we were off. I would also like to challenge anyone to google Dulles International Airport and not have an address come up that says 1 Aviation Circle- which is the address for Regan Airport (they are not the same thing.) Needless to say this happened to me and by the time I was five minutes from the wrong airport when Wil and I had to to turn around and drive thirty minutes in the other direction. Confusing.
Then we finally pulled up to Dulles to say our goodbyes while Wil was giving me an airport pump up speech. I walked in with my massive bags and waited an hour to check my bags. When I finally got to the desk both of my luggage bags were overweight which would be an additional $200 per bag plus the $70 for my extra checked luggage ($470) when the attendant let me remove items from one of my bags and then sneakily didn't charge me the over fees. Whoever this mystery Dulles worker angel is I thank you sweet sweet lady!!! Stress.
After the security guard "patted down my ponytail" and went through my luggage and dented my watch case- thank you TSA - I was ready to gooooo! Excitement.

4,148.07 miles, 1 bottle of red wine, Moneyball, and 3 mini meals later we arrived in Zurich... then we collected our luggage (all 43 of us) and put them on a bus with a trailer hitch for the 3 hour ride to Lugano.

Mind you Lugano has lots of tunnels under mountains and they drive at high speeds- all I can think when being driven around here is "this is how Princess Diana died"




First Impressions.

coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment