Monday, January 16, 2012

School... I have to do that?

Apparently, I actually have to complete 18 credits this semester, travel every weekend, and take the equivalent of 3 spring breaks.  Sounds like a hard life right? We start out the day with a 20-25 minute walk down hill and through the center of town to class. (This means that the walk back is mildly exhausting, but high in caloric burning) My love/hate relationship began on this walk when I spotted my one true love: H&M. Yes, we have one here. Yes, it is on my walk to school. Yes, it has three stories. No, I will never return to America.

I digress.

My week is still semi confusing to me but this is a rough outline of my schedule.

Monday- Consumer behavior 1:30-4:30
Tuesday- Italian 9:00-12:00; C.B. 1:00-4:00
Wednesday- Consumer behavior 9:30- 12:30
Thursday- Italian 9:00-12:00; C.B. 1:00-4:00
Friday- Italian 9:00-12:00

* After our first break we no longer have Friday classes. We only take two classes at a time which comes out to about six credits a month roughly.

I love our Italian teacher Madga. As I mentioned before my name sounds awesome in Italian. We break up the classes into three hours and usually get a 15 minute break after an hour or 45 min. Magda teaches us grammar for the first and last hour. For the second hour she gives us a culture lesson with tourist recommendations, need to know phrases, & even a translated copy of a menu. She is an angel!!

Some of my favorite Madga Quotes are as follows:

  • Haha Americans, you are the only people who will ever ask for tap water.
  • It says the Church is open on Saturdays, but I am from Milan and we do not trust the Romans.
  • How do you say ____ (insert Italian word)____. (We repeat it in English; She dies laughing at how ugly it sounds)

This is the one classroom we are in all day.

Little Mrs. Madga at the computer and the front of the class.
Side note: Due to recent unpleasant events you may think my attitude is less than stoked about this experience. False. I am beyond lucky to live in a country where the chocolate and wine flow. If there is a place to reflect on how short life is and how beautiful it is to be alive, I am here. I may get the chance to travel to Europe again, or I may not. I do know that I will never have the chance to live here for 4 months ever again. We will not discuss silly American boys here. Self love ladies and gents & I will preach it til I die.


2 comments:

  1. cheers!! sounds awesome Tess, can't wait to meet up with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new header with the goofy trees- I saw them all over northern Italy but I never figured out what they were. They bring back great memories :) Best of luck walking by that THREE STORY H&M twice a day and not going bankrupt!! :)

    ReplyDelete